This is how the end of my running year felt. I’m a bit tired. A bit spent. A bit done. 7 races in 12 months including a trail marathon and my first ultra all while preparing for and selling my web development business, volunteering at the kids’ school and the 1.2 million other mommy-related tasks. All that said, I wouldn’t have traded any of those runs or races for anything. They are fuel for my spirit and sanity. Here are the highlights of the year:
- Fell in love with trail running
- Fell in the mud while trail running (The Hagg Mud Report)
- Figure out the more runner mudders, the better
- Ran the Siskiyou Outback 50K and cried from the beauty of it
- Discovered the 1/2 marathon distance is loads of fun
- Had a blast running with my RMR group gals
- Tried a trail marathon with 10 miles of hills and didn’t die
- Scored mucho inspiration from this runner mother who says I inspired her
- Watched so many faces light up when they saw our Runner Momma Medal Rack at the expos
- Learned so much about running partner love
Ok, maybe I don’t really feel “a bit done”. It’s a new year, right? Time to make those running goals, start the new log, pick the races, get excited. If nothing else, it’s definitely time to celebrate what you’ve accomplished. Congrats on where ever you are in your running. You rock, ladies!
What are you celebrating or looking forward to?